Current COVID-19 Guidelines – Daily Updates
Your health and safety is our number one priority at The Greenbank. We are constantly reviewing and monitoring our COVID-19 secure procedures to ensure that we are working in line with government guidelines. Please read on for our latest updates which are reviewed daily and collated on this page.
greenbank COVID-19 UPDATES
22ND FEBRUARY 2021
Following the government announcement, we’re getting ready to welcome our leisure guests back, from 17th May. If you have booked a stay prior to 17th May, please bear with us whilst we contact you about your booking. Rest assured we will be reaching out to each and every one of you, to either postpone your reservation or issue you a full refund. Thank you for your patience whilst our reception team is busy handling your enquiries.
We’re also excited to confirm that The Working Boat’s intended reopening date is 12th April, where our famous mar-quay on the sea will be back for you to enjoy al fresco dining whatever the weather, from 10am until 10pm every day. Bookings can only be made by emailing email@example.com.
For now, bedrooms will still be available to any key worker who needs a room at a special rate. If you are an NHS worker this will be £79 per night and for all other key workers, £99 per night including a bagged breakfast. For enquiries please call us on 01326 312440.
The biggest gratitude goes out to you all for your support throughout these turbulent times. We cannot wait to welcome you back soon.
30TH DECEMBER 2020
In light of the latest government announcement with Cornwall going into Tier 3, it is with heavy hearts that we will be closing our hotel at 11am on Thursday after checking out. We are devastated to be in this position again, but remain positive and hopeful to reopen when the next government announcement is provided in two weeks’ time.
For now, bedrooms will be available to any key worker who needs a room at a special rate. If you are an NHS worker this will be £79 per night and for all other key workers, £99 per night including a bagged breakfast. For enquiries please call us on 01326 312440.
Whilst we completely understand tensions are high and this is an anxious time for us all, we would like to politely request that unless your enquiry is absolutely urgent, please do not call us in regards to your future stay or booking for one of our upcoming events. Our team are busy getting in touch with each and every one of you, starting with our most recent bookings first. We’d like to assure everyone that someone will be in touch, and your bookings remain safe.
Finally, we want to extend our deepest thoughts to our fellow small business owners and everyone working in the hospitality industry during this time. We are all in the same boat and we will weather the storm together. Thank you to the amazing NHS and key workers for everything you continue to do. And as always, thank you to all of our wonderful guests and visitors for your ongoing support.
We look forward to reopening our doors when it is safe to do so.
3RD DECEMBER 2020
We are open again! We appreciate that last-minute changes are inevitable at the moment, so we’ve updated our terms to a 48 hour cancellation policy for upcoming stays, until 31st March 2021. All reservations can be amended as many times as you need to, or can be cancelled at no charge, up to 48 hours before the scheduled date of arrival. Cancellations less than 48 hours prior will be 100% chargeable. Card details will be required at the time of booking, but no prepayment will be taken. Please note that our 48 hour cancellation policy excludes our advance purchase offer, and Christmas and New Year breaks.
23RD SEPTEMBER 2020
Following the latest regulations from the government…
- Our bar, pub and restaurant are all operating table service only (as we have been since reopening).
- The bar, pub and restaurant will be closing at 10pm (room service only after 10pm).
- It is now mandatory for staff and guests to wear face coverings in all public areas (we have been doing this since the beginning of August).
- We kindly ask that all guests register their details to assist with contact tracing by downloading the NHS COVID-19 app and scanning our QR code which can be found on our menus and signs throughout the hotel.
1ST SEPTEMBER 2020
- We are now fully open to non-residents for lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner in the Water’s Edge. Booking is essential.
- Please note we are not serving our bottomless gin brunches or offering our two for £10 cocktails on Fridays for the time being.
- Regrettably at this time we cannot guarantee the availability of any meals for our residents unless they are booked prior to arrival.
It is currently illegal to meet socially in groups of more than six people, and groups must not mix or form larger groups. Please ensure that you comply with this regulation. Thank you in advance.
up-to-date water’s edge service times
- All day dining: 12.30pm – 3pm and 6pm – 9pm
- Lunch: 12.30pm – 3pm
- Sunday lunch: 12:30pm – 3pm
- Afternoon tea: 12.30pm – 6pm
- Dinner: 6:30pm – 9pm
the working boat
30TH DECEMBER 2020
After receiving the news today that Cornwall will go into Tier 3 from Thursday, we are saddened to be battening down the hatches once again after 10pm close on Wednesday 30th December.
We are extremely disappointed and saddened by this decision and the inevitably devastating impact it is going to have on small businesses and the hospitality industry who have barely recovered from the first and second lockdown. Our thoughts go out to all our friends in Falmouth and further afield who are closing up shop this week too. We remain hopeful that we’ll be able to reopen soon and will keep everyone posted.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of your support. We’ll weather the storm together and see you on the other side!
5TH AUGUST 2020
- NEW SERVICE TIMES: we have now extended our services times…
- MAIN MENU: midday – 3pm and 6pm – 8.30pm every day except Sunday, when we serve from midday until 8.30pm. Food served in our marquee – bookings essential by calling 01326 314 283.
- OUTSIDE MENU: midday – 4pm and 4:30pm – 8.30pm on Mondays – Saturdays. No need to book.
4TH JULY 2020
- Falmouth’s biggest covered outdoor licensed space, the pub’s “mar-quay on the sea” will be in-situ throughout the summer months, meaning al fresco dining on the quay whatever the weather.
- The pub’s outdoor horsebox bar will also be open for cold brews from midday until late, every day, from 4th July.
- Alongside our main menu, we are offering fish ‘n’ chip Fridays for £9.95 per person (day time only) and roasts every Sunday for £12 per person.
GET IN TOUCH
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 procedures, or want to book a room, please call 01326 312440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.