Joining the Office Team
Our dedicated Greenbank office team are an important part of the hotel, keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. From marketing and revenue control, to financial management, events and guest relations, each role requires different skills and strengths.
As part of the marketing team, creativity and business-minded thinking is key, and every day is different. Our finance teams must be meticulous in number crunching and extremely organised. A role in guest relations is the ideal position for someone with excellent communication skills. And revenue management is a specialised skill, needing analytical know-how and speedy strategy decisions.
A whole host of positions make up our lovely office team, so keep an eye on our upcoming vacancies below.
PR and Marketing Assistant
Sister hotels The Greenbank in Falmouth and The Alverton in Truro are seeking to appoint a creative PR and Marketing Assistant. This is a rare opportunity to join our busy marketing office based in Falmouth, working alongside our Head of Marketing, and Marketing and Design Executive.
The position requires organisational skills and written communication abilities of the highest order. The successful candidate will be able to juggle various pressures to ensure all deadlines are met and no detail is left overlooked. What is essential is a positive attitude and respect for your colleagues and our guests alike. Be nice, work hard and good things will happen.
The salary is competitive and the hotels offer a range of benefits, including substantial discounts across The Greenbank, The Alverton and The Working Boat, plus annual performance reviews, training plans, and social events. The successful applicant will work every Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm (and very occasional evenings or weekends for certain events).
- Daily management of social media channels
- Writing press releases to target local and national media
- Writing exciting copy for our e-newsletter campaigns
- Writing inspiring blog content and uploading onto websites
- Blogger/influencer outreach – planning and organising press trips
- Responsible for all in-house copywriting, following brand guidelines
Together with our Marketing and Design Executive:
- Monthly audits of social media channels
- Monthly audits of all websites – reporting back with recommendations
- Promotion of our busy events calendar
- Managing our digital reputation on all website listings and directories
- Exploring affiliate opportunities with competitions and brand partnerships
- Assisting with photoshoots and video content projects
- Responding to guest reviews on affiliate websites and social media
Our ideal candidate:
- Grammatically flawless, with fluency and ability with IT and social media
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised, with an ability to multi-task
- Motivated, confident and meticulous
- Analytical mind to analyse data and metrics
- Experience of using Content Management Systems (WordPress)
- Understanding of Google Analytics, search engine optimisation and project management systems
- Results focused, with a understanding of the importance of measurement and reporting
- Commercial awareness and willingness to go above and beyond
- One year’s experience in a marketing role preferred
- Degree in a relevant subject preferred
To apply, please click here to email Abby. In the first instance, please provide a CV and brief paragraph to explain why this is the ideal position for you.