Joining the Porter Team
Our team of porters are a vital cog in the day-to-day running of the hotel. From providing support for the reception team, helping guests with their luggage, and delivering room service, to the setting up of weddings and events, and serving food and drinks in the bar and restaurant – each day is different as a porter. Find out more about our Head Porter Tom Fairburn here.
Always ready and waiting to assist around the hotel, if you love being on the go, are organised and enjoy working with others – a role in our team of porters may be the perfect fit for you! Take a look at the opportunities and vacancies we have available below.
HOTEL EVENING / Night PORTER
The Greenbank Hotel is a thriving 61 bedroom, 4 star hotel situated right by the water’s edge in Falmouth. We offer a 24/7 service to our guests and are continually building our teams. We are now looking for a keen night porter to work 3 nights a week (Thursday, Friday and Saturday), with help covering holidays throughout the year.
This role can be flexible for a part time role (24 hours) or full time (up to 34 hours with an earlier start time to assist with the evening porterage). A permanent contract can also be issued.
Main duties include:
- Ensuring the building is secure at all times by doing regular walk arounds along with fire warden patrol
- General front of house cleaning in line with Covid measures
- Checking in late guest arrivals – you will not be required to take payment or handle cash.
- Assist the evening porter and restaurant team to turn down after a wedding or function
- Offer assistance to other departments during the busy periods
- Take messages for reception after hours
· We offer hefty staff discounts throughout the hotel including The Working Boat and our sister hotel The Alverton.
· Every Friday is Pasty Friday at The Greenbank!
· We provide the uniforms depending on the role given.
· We offer regular performance reviews, training, and rewards for exceptional work.
· We offer all our team members subsidised gym membership at The Gym Project and local discounts.
· We host an end-of-summer party and Christmas party for the staff, as well as department treats every six months.
Someone who is looking for a good work life balance.
Works well in a team and as in individual.
Positive, confident and can think on their feet.
Has good customer service.
Has basic IT skills.
This role is predominantly a lone worker position so you must be able to work on your own, be productive and efficient. We will be holding telephone interviews for this position initially and are hoping to fill the position as soon as we can, so please don’t hesitate to apply. However we are happy to wait for the right candidate if notice has to be given.