Joining the Reception Team
First impressions count. From the moment a guest enquires about a stay, right up until they check-out, the reception team are the first point of contact. Being part of The Greenbank’s reception team is a vital role and you will often be the first face or voice a customer will see or hear. A warm, welcoming and friendly disposition is a must, and communication and organisational skills are important too.
Our fantastic team are always happy to help, and have their finger on the pulse when it comes to everything going on throughout the hotel, from events to promotional offers and local attractions. Check out the latest job vacancies in our reception team below.
We’re currently recruiting a receptionist to join our front desk team. The role is full time on a permanent contract, 40 hour pro rata salary. Our reception works on shifts – mornings, evenings, straights and weekends (no splits).
We’re looking for someone ideally with one year’s experience; however, full training will be given. We need someone who can work on their own with good customer service skills, and who is confident, willing to learn, always happy to help, uses their own initiative and has a “can do” attitude.
- Customer service – first point of call for our guests arriving at the hotel and during their stay
- Room reservations and enquiries
- Restaurant bookings
- Good communication skills via email, phone and face-to-face
- Dealing with third party booking agents
- Handling cash and card transactions
- Cashing up and balancing reception tills