Joining the Reception Team
First impressions count. From the moment a guest enquires about a stay, right up until they check-out, the reception team are the first point of contact. Being part of The Greenbank’s reception team is a vital role and you will often be the first face or voice a customer will see or hear. A warm, welcoming and friendly disposition is a must, and communication and organisational skills are important too.
Our fantastic team are always happy to help, and have their finger on the pulse when it comes to everything going on throughout the hotel, from events to promotional offers and local attractions. Check out the latest job vacancies in our reception team below:
The reception team is looking for an additional enthusiastic person to join their team. You will be responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming and efficient service to all hotel guests, ensuring their stays are enjoyable from the moment they arrive to the moment they depart.
You would be required to work five days out of seven, with varying shift patterns and which could include bank holidays.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Undertake front of house duties, including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests, to ensure an excellent customer service experience
- To build a good rapport with all guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly to maintain high quality customer service
- Be responsible for accurate and efficient accounts and guest billing processes
- Assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy at all times
- Undertake general office duties, including correspondence, emails, filing and switchboard, to ensure the smooth running of the reception area
- To administer all reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded accurately
- To keep up to date with room prices and special offers to provide accurate information to guests
- Report any maintenance, breakage or cleanliness problems to the relevant manager
- Administer the general petty cash system and float in an accurate manner
- Undertake all training as required (eg, first aid, health and safety, customer service)
- Adhere to all fire safety test procedures and to assist in the evacuation process in the event of fire
Skills and experience required:
- A working knowledge of Hotel Perfect (Hotel Operating System)
- A friendly and welcoming approach
- High standards of dress and presentation
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a pleasant telephone manner
- Good administrative skills and the ability to use email and booking systems
- Good team working skills
- Experience within a similar setting
Please submit a covering letter to Leonie explaining why you think that you would be the ideal candidate, along with your CV. Previous applicants need not apply.