Nick’s Community Kitchen: Banana and chocolate filo pie
Banana and chocolate pie recipe
To keep a smile on our followers’ faces and to boost our own morale, we’ve launched a new online series with our Executive Chef Nick Hodges – “Nick’s Community Kitchen”. Every few days via our Facebook page, Nick will be demonstrating some simple but delicious and fun dishes for you all to try at home. Please click here to view our Facebook videos.
Nick says: “This sugary and very chocolatey pud is sure to put a smile on our faces. Great to do with the children. The below banana and chocolate pie recipe serves four people.”
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 bananas
- 100g chocolate
- Spoonful of Nutella or chocolate spread
- Chunk of brownie or broken biscuits
- 50ml of double cream
- Sprinkle of sugar
- Knob of melted butter
GETTING IT DONE
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees C
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water
- Stir in the cream until you have a gooey ganache
- Peel and chop the bananas into a pie dish
- Cover with the melted chocolate then mix
- Set aside and lay out the filo sheets, brush with melted butter
- Pick off pieces and roughly add on top of the bananas, leaving the pastry peaked, not flat
- Sprinkle with sugar then bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes or until the pastry has caramelised and is golden brown
Serving tip: Make sure you allow the pudding to cool for a while as the chocolate comes out the oven VERY hot.
We’d love to see how you’ve been getting on in your own home kitchen. Please send in a photo of your creations to firstname.lastname@example.org, for your chance to be crowned our “Community Kitchen Champion.” Our winner will receive a gift voucher for the Water’s Edge restaurant, to be enjoyed when we’re back on our feet.