Nick’s Community Kitchen: Levan’s schnitzel recipe
To keep a smile on our followers’ faces and to boost our own morale, we’ve launched a new online series with our Executive Chef Nick Hodges – “Nick’s Community Kitchen”. Every few days via our Facebook page, Nick will be demonstrating some simple but delicious and fun dishes for you all to try at home. Please click here to view our Facebook videos.
Nick says: “Our son, Levan, started senior school recently. He always watches me cook but attending ‘big’ school meant cooking lessons. He asked me for an easy but tasty recipe, and we thought about schnitzel. We went through the idea and he came up with his version. Now it’s a family staple.” For the full method, tune into our Facebook page…
LEVAN’S FAVOURITE SCHNITZEL RECIPE
YOU WILL NEED:
- Pork loin steaks or boneless chicken breast, cut or batted thin to about 1cm
- The coating – or pané – station in order:
- Flour (first)
- Egg wash – egg and milk (second)
- Natural breadcrumbs (third)
- Little oil for frying
- Knob of butter (optional)
- The topping: sliced ham, bacon or chorizo, and a fried runny egg!
Here’s a quick and easy family-friendly caesar dressing that lifts a simple salad and goes great with the schnitzel. This will make enough for approximately 10 salads and will store in the fridge. All you need to do is mix the following thoroughly:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bulb of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 tsbp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp parmesan or similar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Good twist of black pepper
We’d love to see how you’ve been getting on in your own home kitchen. Please send in a photo of your creations to email@example.com, for your chance to be crowned our “Community Kitchen Champion.” Our winner will receive a gift voucher for the Water’s Edge restaurant, to be enjoyed when we’re back on our feet.