Yohann’s Rapid Orange and Rosemary Infused Gin Recipe
infuse your own gin
Get creative and learn how to infuse your own flavoured gin, as our Bar Manager Yohann shares his rapid infusion recipe for an orange and rosemary gin.
For your orange and rosemary infused gin you will need:
- Cream whipper
- Fine mesh strainer or muslin cloth
- 2 x nitrous oxide cartridges
- 3 x large oranges, zested (avoid the pith to ensure the gin isn’t too bitter)
- 50g of fresh rosemary
- 70cl of dry gin
How to make
- Place the orange zest and rosemary into the tin of the whipper, then pour in the gin.
- Screw the lid on and add the first cartridge of nitrous oxide.
- Shake well and wait for 20 minutes.
- Remove the first cartridge and add the second one (keeping the lid on).
- Let it rest for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the second cartridge and vent the whipper by depressing the lever. Cover the nozzle with the jug as it may spit some liquid out.
- Remove the lid. You should see the liquid bubbling, which means that the extraction is taking place.
- Once the liquid stops bubbling, strain the liquid into the jug. For an even clearer result, strain through a muslin cloth.
- Allow the infusion to rest for 10 minutes, then rebottle or use. It can be kept in the fridge for up to one week.
want to try our greenbank infused gins?
We have lots of flavour infusions to try at The Greenbank, including this orange and rosemary gin. Why not join us for a bottomless brunch? The gin will be flowing and our tasty breakfasts are served in two-hour sessions from 10am – 2pm.