What better way to experience life on the water than being able to step out of your room and straight on to a waiting boat? At The Greenbank you can do just that. We’re the only hotel in the south west with our own private pontoons, meaning pick-ups on the water right from our doorstep.
Whether you’re staying with us and want a day out exploring the Fal River, or you have a boat and would like to moor up to pop in for a bite to eat – we’d love to welcome you.
S0 if you’re thinking about visiting us by water, there are a few things you will need to know:
• Our pontoons are for the use of hotel patrons only (including The Working Boat)
• We request all craft register with the hotel after tying up
• Maximum permitted vessel length is 20 feet
• If you would like to stay overnight please ensure you contact us prior to your arrival
• Please be aware the pontoons will dry out on a low tide
• Use of the pontoons is entirely at the user’s risk – The Greenbank Hotel Ltd accepts no liability
• All craft must register with the hotel after tying up
• All craft must be insured
• Lifejackets should be worn at all times
• The Greenbank reserves the right to refuse and report any unauthorised craft
Our pontoons are a key part of the town’s community, whatever the season. In the summer months, Falmouth residents and Greenbank guests alike pluck up the courage to leap from the pontoons or the higher historic quay into the waters beneath them. It’s a hive of activity late into the evening.
And regardless of rain, another popular family activity is orchestrating a crab race on the pontoons. Which is why when families stay at The Greenbank, we’ll provide crabbing lines and buckets for children. Like all the best Cornish activities, it has existed forever. Simply grab your crabbing gear, add some bacon, and away you go!
"This is a proper hotel run by people who care. And how many times do you stay in a hotel with its own quay?"
TripAdvisor review, 2018